Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Macy's Furniture Delivery

Picture taken in show room of Macy's Department Store









My husband and I have a hard time agreeing on how to decorate our home. So when we find something we like we have to act on it and get it right then and there. In September we started our quest to purchase living room furniture. We looked all around and ended up in Macy's.

I use to love when our Macy's store use to be Hudson's and Marshall Field's department stores. It seemed like they offered better service and were more affordable etc. The Westland store in Michigan is behind the times a bit in the way their store is decorated etc. Not up to date or remodeled like other stores. It hasn't exactly caught up to speed with other Macy's stores that are out there. In my opinion the service is awful at the Westland store. I would say the first floor or main floor has the worst customer service. Service for whatever reason on the upper floor in housewares is better and their furniture division is also acceptable. However once I am burned in a bad way by a department store it is really hard to get me to come back or purchase regularly from that store. I no longer purchase Clinque products  due to the awful and embarrassing service at their make up counter at the Westland Macy's. I rarely buy anything there unless I absolutely can not find it some place else. They have severely lost my business. So when we finally found a Living room furniture set at Macy's I was a little hesitant. Macy's furniture seemed to be of the best quality that was in our price range and happened to be on sale. I am not sure how well our couch or chair will fair wear wise, but it's better than having no furniture like we had before. What I will say is that the delivery of our furniture was absolutely awesome. They took care of our house like it was their own. They were careful unloading our furniture. The delivery guys took their shoes off and put booties on. They took care of not hitting the walls or scratching our hard wood floors and they didn't track up all over our yard. The delivery guys were friendly and on time. Very pleased with the furniture and the the delivery, set up and purchase process from the Furniture Department at Macy's Westland. However I am still hardheaded and still refuse to purchase on a regular basis from them for my everyday needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment