Thursday, February 21, 2013

Made In USA

Dressbarn- Made in the USA clothing :0)

www.dressbarn.com


This is the jacket I purchased. I took a picture with my camera and unfortunately  there is something on  the inside of my lense that shows up as an orb. Don't get me started on Best Buy and the Geek Squad. Anyway this picture (only) is from off of the Dressbarn website. I did notice that on the website the item says that it is Imported but as you can see below in my pic the item clearly says Made in the USA. 

 To my excitement I found an actual piece of clothing made in the USA! It is so hard to find clothing made in the USA at any of the local chain clothing stores. I visited my local Dressbarn today and tried on some items and while doing so I have a habit of checking the tags to see where the garments were made. Dressbarn sells different brands of clothing but they also have their own brand and that brand is made in the USA! I will definitely be stopping in the store more often just to check for more clothing made in the USA. Most items in the Dressbarn are in the $30 range and most dresses are under $100.

hmmm after doing a little bit of research it's possible this is nothing more than a confusing ploy by the manufactures in the clothing industry. Example-found on Wikipedia: Goods produced in American Samoa (a United States territory) are entitled to attach a "Made in USA" label, as this is an insular area of the United States. This area has until recently had few of the labor and safety protections afforded United States workers, and there have been a number of cases of sweatshop operators exploiting labor forces imported from south and east Asia. The Northern Mariana Islands is another U.S. possession in the Pacific that was exempted from U.S. wage and labor laws until recently,[when?] where the use of the "Made in USA" label was likewise controversial. The label is controversial also since all U.S. insular areas, except Puerto Rico, operate under a customs territoryseparate from the U.S., making their products technically imports when sold in the United States proper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_USA

So which is the real deal....Made in USA or Made in U.S.A. ??? I think my excitement is fleeing :0(



No comments:

Post a Comment