Friday, January 11, 2013

Casablanca...it's not the whole story but it's a start as to where my frustrations came from

The following are snippets from my email conversations with the Casablanca Dress Manufacturer. In between these emails I was made to speak directly with the Retailer. I essentially got the brush off. Outcome between the Retailer and Manufacturer has been unsuccessful. Mind you I ordered my dress in Feb 2012 with my Wedding date of  August 2012 and did not receive my dress until two days prior to my wedding. The dress was not to satisfaction. I ended up having to find a seamstress at the last minute to make the dress acceptable to wear on my wedding day. I officially got my dress the day before my wedding. It was the most stressful and unhappy experience I have ever had. Also for note I asked only for monies regarding customization of dress and alterations to be refunded. I did not ask for a free dress. I wanted to pay what was fair. We have received no compensation in any way for the dress or the distress it caused. And no apology. All letters from Manufacturer were general form letters received. Notes are my opinions and feelings and as everyone knows everyone has one. I am not looking for any negative feedback for my posting. I believe this experience gave me all the negative and then some for a lifetime. Thank you.


Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 
To: Casablanca


URGENT! I am in desperate need of help. I purchased a dress from Diane's Dream Brides. I ordered my dress back in Feb and it was due in the first week of July. My dress came in yesterday 7/17. My Wedding date is August 17, 2012. The owner of shop is on vacation and I don't feel the person/Manager in charge is being proactive. I believe the dress that came in could be someone else's or a terrible mistake has happened. I had custom sleeves attached to my dress and the dress that came in is the wrong color and wrong sleeves totally. Not the design at all. I saw the sketch that was sent to Casablanca and it was correct what I got is no where near the sketch. The placement of sleeves is incorrect, material is incorrect and I can not fit my arms in the holes.  My dress should have been ivory and this one is white. My dress is Casablanca 2035. Please contact me with what my options are. The dress was fully paid for prior to receipt of dress. I need to know how quickly this can be resolved. I am a very stressed Bride. Thank you in advance for any help. 

*In regards to Manager at Diane's I did receive an acceptable and what I feel heart felt apology from her. Much more had transpired during my fitting. 

Response Received July 18, 2012

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for selecting a Casablanca Bridal Gown!  Since we're the manufacturer, we work strictly with our authorized retailers.  We've contacted the store and asked them to assist you and to call us if they need our help.  We are happy to assist them on your behalf.  Just have the store call us if they need our help. (Please note this store is closed on Wednesdays).  Thanks again for choosing a Casablanca Bridal gown.  We wish you all the best on your special day!

Kind regards,

Casablanca Bridal
Customer Service

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 
To: Casablanca


Dear Casablanca, I am sure your staff remembers me. I am the bride who wanted custom sleeves put on my dress. Yes, I am back from my honeymoon and no I have not forgotten about the nightmare that happened to my dress or to top it off the inexcusable treatment Marilee treated my mother to over the phone. I am still not pleased with your retail vendor. In the end I had to take the dress to another seamstress to fix the dress. The vendor seamstress was simply not equipped to make proper alterations. On top of it all I had to pay this out of my pocket!  Also the reasoning given to me regarding this design error (you will not take ownership of) is simply something to hide behind. Telling me that it is all in ”interpretation “ and how you feel the dress should look based on sketch is absolutely hilarious since your original dress that was produced was so far off from the sketch design I felt it to be someone else’s dress. Funny using the same sketch the second time around it was interpreted correctly. This whole situation caused unbelievable distress! Yes, I was able to get married. The fact of the matter is the treatment me and my Mother received. It was appalling! I am in shock that a manufacturer with such “great” reviews would have people representing them with such deplorable customer service skills. I realize you do not speak to the end user, however I believe it in your best interest to contact me as soon as possible and the person I should speak to should be of authority. 

*The basic jist of the response I received from the retailer was she is SO sorry  I can't get over the situation....REALLY
*My wording of what I heard in her email...this is the short version.

Response Received Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your custom-made gown and congratulations on your marriage!

We've shared your feedback with our management team.  However, you will need to contact your authorized retailer, Diane's Dream Brides, for further assistance regarding your gown.  Your transaction was with the retailer, so they are the party that you need to contact. 

Legally we cannot disclose information that is between Casablanca Bridal and our authorized dealer.  

Thanks again for your message.  We wish you and your Groom a lifetime of happy memories together.

Kind regards,

Casablanca Bridal
Customer Service

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 
To: Casablanca


I still wish to receive a call and I still would like retailer to refund me the additional alteration fees in full.

*FYI I don't feel $185 is so much for them to reimburse me for and make me feel better. The retailer offered me $100 and gave me a sad story of how she made nothing off my dress. Ok bottom line none of this was my fault. Why should I have to settle for less than what I wanted and paid for in full.  What I asked for was nothing outrageous etc. Retailer asked me for my address to send $100. REALLY... we've done business and you can not find my address... in the end I received NOTHING. The fault was started by Casablanca and the retailer was poor in all aspects in my opinion of service. I was given a dress that was not able to be worn on my wedding day and was left to find someone who could salvage it. Retailer's attitude was basically get over it...NEXT CUSTOMER!

Response Received September 19, 2012


We received your previous email message and shared your feedback with our Management Team.  However, you will need to contact your authorized retailer directly, (Diane's Dream Brides), regarding your gown.  Your transaction was with that retailer, so they are the party that you need to contact with your inquiry.

Wishing you all the best!

Casablanca Bridal
Customer Service

Now tell me this doesn't sound like a blow off. They got their money and they couldn't care less. In between these emails Casablanca DID take a phone call from my Mother (who happens to be the nicest person and non confrontational person you will ever meet.) and they were INCREDIBLY RUDE to her. Down right MEAN. 

Think twice before purchasing anything "custom" from Casablanca Bridal. If you buy your dress off the rack you may fair better than myself. It's really hard to swallow the treatment that occurred in all aspects of purchasing my dress. My parents paid for the dress and a family heirloom was sold to purchase it. This made it even harder to accept. We do not come from money and a large retailer with tons of money spit on us in my opinion. If one person reads this and decides against purchasing a gown from them I THANK YOU! Little people can make a difference. 





No comments:

Post a Comment