Sunday, June 9, 2013

Favorite Household Cleaning Products

I want to share a few of my favorite household cleaning products that I can't live without. I buy them over and over without fail.



Pledge for polishing furniture. I have used Pledge forever. I tried for a short while the method brand in liquid form and was not a fan. Method seemed to eat through the pledge and make my table surfaces sticky. I like the shine and slick look of the Pledge. I build up the layers on my furniture. I take extremely good care of my furniture. I mean who can afford to purchase large household items just because you want a change or because you simply didn't take good care of what you have and now it looks awful. I can say I've had a lot of my furniture since my very first apartment and even my bedroom set is from back when I was in Junior High. I can tell you when people come over they are somewhat jealous in thinking "oh look what you can afford". Yeah I afforded it once or received as a gift from my parents or put items in lay a way. I have what I have because I take pride and care of the things I have. And pledge has helped to keep my things in good condition. Sure I have a few pieces of wood furniture that have split or show some wear but all in all in appearances I think my things look great. The shine of pledge is always satisfying. I like the dust and allergen scent the best. It has a nice clean light scent.

Clorox wipes in the yellow container is my favorite. I simply can not live without them. With a step son that is touching everything in the home you need to have them on hand. I use them for everything. The walls, counter tops, toilet, floors, kitty liter box, spills the list is endless. I use them everyday. I've purchased the Lysol brand but I'm not much of a fan. I think the Clorox wipes are softer and more absorbent and I like the scent better.

Meyer's Clean Day Hand Soap in the scent Lavender. This is by far my most purchased hand soap. I love the scent. I first discovered Meyer's products when I visited The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. They however have the geranium scent that is as far as I know their signature scent and only they sell it. I have not seen it anyplace else. I'm sure you can probably find it on line someplace. I had purchased a bottle while on the Island and savored it. I just loved the scent. Nothing like it was offered near where I live and when I was out of it I missed it. Several years later Target started selling the brand. However they do not sell the geranium scent. The next best scent is the Lavender. It has a bit of an invigorating smell. I love to use it at the kitchen sink and at the bathroom sink. The men in my home never complain of using the scent themselves and my husband has actually purchased it on his own to stock up on at home. I love their dish soap, but it's a bit pricey. The lemon scent is very light and clean smelling. It doesn't lather a bunch but it does the job.

My last recommendation is the Method brand All-Purpose cleaner. We received this with a housewarming gift from my husband's sister. That was three years ago and I'm just now getting around to using it. I used all my Windex surplus up and now I'm on to this product. I don't know how I cleaned with out it. It is by far the best window cleaner I have used. It grips the window and streaks...what streaks. It's that good. It's just as amazing in the bathroom. Our electric toothbrush container is a nightmare to clean. The scum of toothpaste residue is awful. Even my beloved Clorox wipes could not handle it alone. I sprayed this cleaner on and wiped it off with a Clorox wipe and it was the most satisfying clean ever! I want to use it on everything in the house. This one cleaner could probably cut down my grocery cleaning bill with amazing results.

Next time you are out and about you may want to pick one of these choices and try for yourself.

Thanks for reading...by the way is it super odd that I just love the smell of a just cleaned home?   :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment