Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WalMart

I'm personally not a huge fan of WalMart. I'm more of a Target girl. WalMart gets very little of my money. I won't get into all the ethics of WalMart of what I don't like. I may go a handful of times per year out of convenience or for a gift that can't be found elsewhere. If I haven't done my grocery shopping for my work lunches I usually stop at Krogers in the morning and pick something quick to eat for lunch. Kroger usually doesn't have any already freshly made up salads etc as early as I go in the morning before work. So I decided twice this month to try out WalMart's selection of pre-made foods at the deli. My first choice was a ham and cheese sub sandwhich. It tasted very bland. Looked yummy but tasted dry and like hospital food. I ate half of that sandwhich. I tried a second time a cobb salad. Again it looked very yummy. The ranch dressing was good, the lettuce, bacon bits and cheese were fine but the chicken carrots and egg were disgusting. I almost barfed in my mouth when i tasted it! I ate a quarter of that salad and ate vending machine snacks at work instead. I can honestly say I am done trying their deli  prepared foods. Their birthday cakes and cupcakes however are very good and their prices and quality of their flowers are pretty good. In general I think of WalMart as a throw away store.You may be able to buy quantity, however quality is not always present. Take it or leave it...it's just an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment